Pages

12.14.2011

Time Screws Up, AGAIN!

Time magazine has nominated, once again, the wrong person as person of the year. I know that I complained about the person of the year last year, but this year, instead of just complaining, I offer up a new person of the year as well.

Part 1 (I complain about the current person of the year)
Do you know who the person of the year is? It's the protester. Yeah, the people who have made all of the news in the last four months boring. They have won person of the year. The people who have been camping for six months, not going to work.
(This is a little off-subject, but it seems that if you are protesting you can get away with camping in really cool places for free. I think I'll protest the Grand Canyon this summer, just for a weekend. Then I'll protest Moab, The Grand Tetons, and Yellowstone. WHO'S WITH ME!?)
Lets talk about "the protester's" accomplishments:

....

Okay lets talk about "the protester's" lifestyle.
They like camping, music and smoking weed, I've read about protesters who are yoga instructors, art majors, theatre majors and music majors. All of the successful types... and each of them is the person of the year!


See, I'm serious, you'll be seeing this cover the next time you are at the supermarket



Part 2 (I tell you who should have been the person of the year)

Me.

Now this part may sound a little bit conceded, but heck! you'll agree with me after reading why I should be person of the year. In fact, there are so many reasons I can't list them all, but here are ten good reasons.

1. I do my own laundry (even buy my own detergent)
2. I can make fried chicken (like those black ladies in The Help)
3. I have lots of friends (Jaron, Mackenzie, Ian, Jill, Anna, Kenzie, Chandler, Rex, Harry Potter, Holden and LOTS more, so many, in fact that I can't even think of any more!)
4. In high school, I kind of played football. (I didn't make the team that went 2 and 8)
5. I may be a little racist, but I still enjoy a good story where minorities triumph (Remember the Titans, The Help)
6. I can eat a whole box of donuts in 6 minutes
7. I have a friend named Katie who is getting married
8. I can bench press 90 pounds
9. I have kissed 18 girls on the LIPS (2 of them didn't slap me)
10. I am a fat, white, male, American. (and that's something special)

So if you agree, write Time magazine at:

Person of the Year
Time Inc.
1271 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020.

The aforementioned is the real address, but since anyone who reads my blog doesn't comment to tell me how they felt about it, even though they can comment anonymously... I don't expect Time will be hearing JACK from any of my "friends."

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment